The problem of storage and disposal of waste with increasing numbers of earthlings is becoming ever acuter. Some countries have successfully coped with this task. In Switzerland, for example, people sort the garbage right from birth, they have a long-established system. Meanwhile, the whole world is puzzled by the construction of sanitary landfills, which look quite interesting from a bird’s eye view.
Let’s take a look at some of them.
1. Modern waste center in Tokyo
2. Garbage from the bunker at the burning plant in Shinagawa, Tokyo
Here’s what comes out after processing:
3. Aircraft cemetery in the USA
It is located on the “Davis-Monthan” base
4. The tank cemetery in Afghanistan.
5. Cemetery of vending machines in Japan
6. The Puente Hills dump in Los Angeles
It is 630 acres and serves 10 300 tons of garbage a day. This is 3.6 million tons per year.